Monday, October 26, 2009

Dokken Day 2010

Last month on the 11th of September, I posted a hilarious commercial entitled, "Dokken vs. Chicken" in my entry, "Don.". Along with that commercial I wrote a bit about the rebirth of a celebration in January called "Dokken Day". I was confident that this festival of 80's Metal would rise from the dead like fiery, flaming phoenix carrying a double-necked Gibson Flying-V guitar in it's talons.

Well, my friends...it has.

Dokken Day 2010 is in the works. There is a place. There is a time. There is a drink menu. There are activities. And there is music.

Listen up. Dokken Day is officially held on January 27-the same day that Los Angeles mayor Tom Bradley gave the 80's Metal band the key to the city back in 1988. Unfortunately, that falls on a Wednesday, so we're going to have it the Saturday before (pending). Location: Foster's house, Springbilly, MO.

There'll be full kegs of cheap beer, Jack Daniels, Boone's Farm, an array of wine coolers including Bartles & Jaymes and Seagram's, Amaretto Sour's...all being consumed while playing Speed Quarters, Indian, Asshole, Chandeleir's, and Do It.

Activities will include drinking, rocking out, hot tubbing, RockBand/Guitar Hero, and lots of high-fives.

Nothing but 80's Metal will be played. And everyone will dress up like an 80's Metal Rocker.

My wife and I are flying all the way from Denver to Springfield to attend this Celebration of Rock. I plan on vomiting, dislocating my knee due to excessive heavy metal kicks, losing my voice, planning to start up a metal band with my buddies while in a drunken stuper, hitting my head on something hard while demonstrating the proper way to "bang your head", pulling my groin, losing conciousness during a keg stand, spitting beer on someone inside Foster's house, my body completely rejecting a SoCo shot, and spraying beer out my nose in the middle of a beer bong.

It will be phenomenal.

If you are lucky enough to attend this party, I assure you, it will be the 2nd best time you'll have all year, maybe the first. Could it overtake St. Pat's???

If you're cool, I'll see you there.



.

2 comments:

  1. We are so there! Were from Westerville, South Dakota and we haven't stopped rockin since we been to a Metallica concert on May 28, 1986 in Minnieapolis. We have been waiting for something like this for a long long tme. You tell us what to do and we will be there. Thanks Earl. Rock out brohter.
    Frank Bretmuehler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am DYING that Dokken Day has expanded to other states!

    Keep it rockin' like Dokken!

    Mr. Badfinger (dokkenday.com)

    ReplyDelete