Saturday, November 28, 2009

Good Show.

I'm in the mood for a show. I can't remember the last show I've been to...Kings of Leon maybe? Jesus, that was forever ago. No, it was Citizen Cope and Michael Franti at Jazz Aspen Snowmass. Still, forever ago.

The thing about living in a big city is, almost every band comes through. When I lived in a smaller town, you took what you could get. So far since I've lived in Denver, I've missed a million shows. But when I lived in Springfield, I went to whatever show we could get into our town. Now, I take it for granted. And I'm older, too.

And plus, the majority of the shows that I'm interested in I've already seen before. When I check band sites and venue sites I'm always looking for a band I know I dig.

Night before last I missed Less Than Jake. I've seen them two or three times already, but it's been years. And about a month ago I missed Bouncing Souls, which I'm a little pissed about. I've seen them once before, but it was at the Warped Tour and not a dark, intimate club. Huge difference.

One band I'm dieing to see is the Black Keys. Everything I hear from them I like more and more. No scheduled tour dates in my area though, I'm afraid. They are my new favorite band. Two dudes playing fantastic roots rock and blues influenced by Creedence, Hendrix, and John Lee Hooker to name a few. Now, I generally don't like blues much, but I dig these guys the most.

Not sure why I don't go to more shows. Well, I suppose I've already kind of answered that. I'm older, so driving downtown and watching the headliner start at midnight...and then driving home drunk as shit at 3am isn't too appealing anymore. Plus, I have seen a ton of bands. Most of the one's I dig I've seen. So even though I'd dig seeing them again, it's much easier to just blow it off. That way, I save money and I don't risk getting into trouble.

But it's time. I need to see a good show. Just missed LTJ, the Souls, Fogerty, AC/DC, Supersuckers, and Motorhead with the Rev HH just cancelled. Good news is I've seen them all, but it's time to check them out again.

Either that, or 40 Horse Johnson needs to start back up...

Kev? Bryan?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment