Friday, January 28, 2011

Fish Lottery.

Last night after I got home from work, I had a package waiting on the front porch for me. It was a book I had ordered about fly fishing Missouri--the state that I was born and raised in. As I flipped through this book that will remain nameless, I became disappointed. The book left out a ton of fantastic water that most definitely should not be overlooked. But as the disappointment quickly turned into acceptance, I started thinking about all the water listed, all the water not listed...and then I started thinking about all the water.

It's difficult to wrap your brain around, but there is an obscene amount of fishable water out there. And by "out there", I mean exactly that. Everywhere. Missouri, Colorado, most everywhere.

And that got me to thinking about fishing as much of that water as humanly possible. My thought process resembled that of trying to answer the question of "If I won the lottery, how would I spend my money?".

Jeez, if I had the chance to fish any and all bodies of water that my heart desires, how would I go about it? Where would I start? Where would I finish? Would I finish? Would I just fish until I physically or mentally couldn't take it anymore? I'd like to give it the ol' college try.

Then I started thinking about it in realistic terms--not just "spending my make-believe lottery winnings". How would an everyday, average Joe afford something like this? Could I balance a feat like this and my grown-up-type responsibilities? Hmmmm.

These are valid questions. And comparing this to winning the lottery is valid also, because this is exactly what I would do if I won the lottery: Fish as many places that I could fit into the remaining years of my life. Every state, every continent, every lake, river, creek, and sea. Sounds nice, huh?

I'm still thinking about it. I'm thinking about how to pull this off. The thought of fishing everywhere, for everything, greatly appeals to me. About as much as winning the lottery--which, at this point may be the only way to accomplish this.

If I figure it out, I'll let you know. If I win the lottery, though, I can assure you that you won't hear from me for quite a while...


.

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of the blog! Nice pic :) Here's hoping for the lottery win!

    ReplyDelete