Thursday, January 13, 2011

Restless Soul.

"A restless soul never finds what he's looking for."

I heard that phrase a couple weeks ago. It actually came from Vince Gill describing Merle Haggard, as Merle was being inducted into the Kennedy Center Honors. It's stuck with me--it's more than stuck with me. It's been at the forefront of my mind.

Those words describe how I feel about myself. I am constantly trying to discover the perfect life, the perfect ride. I've done a decent job so far. Managed to find an amazing girl to marry, got me a cute dog, family's good and all. But I am restless.

I want to move on to the next adventure. Not summiting Everest or anything like that, just quickly switching chapters in my life. Moving. Shaking. Some might suggest that I'm in the midst of one of those chapters right now, and maybe I am. But I am restless.

I am ready to move--in the general sense of the term. I want to be in motion. I want to travel, discover, explore--and when I'm unable to do that, I become restless.

I believe I'll find what I'm looking for. I'm too hell-bent on finding it not to. But when I do find it, will I realize that I've found it? Or will I be too restless to realize?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment