Wednesday, September 2, 2009

update.

Well, so far so good I suppose. I'm officially on day number two, unofficially on day number three. I feel I got a jump on my September health-kick by hiking into the Williams Fork Valley on Monday...in full fly fishing get-up. It was a pretty rugged few-mile hike, but seemed twice as hard because I had my waders on. I also caught myself watching what I ate on Monday instead of gorging the day before my routine started. So there was no maxing out my credit card at Sonic...which is a good thing.

The transition has been pretty easy so far. I got pretty tired at work yesterday, but caught my third wind later in the afternoon. Speaking of yesterday, I decided to kick September off by going on mountain bike ride. So I did. I don't know how many miles it was...I'm sure I could find out, but I really don't care. I'm not much of a mile counter. Every hike or ride is always a "few" miles, whether it's 2 miles or 20 miles. Anyway, the ride was a blast. If anything, this little experiment will motivate me to get out more. Can't believe I haven't ridden more than I have since I've been out here.

Obviously, I'm trying to eat well. That means I get to play around with some different recipes. I'm thinking fish tomorrow night. I need to go catch some walleye out of the reservoir and grill they sides up. Mmmmmm, grilled fish sides.

Alright then, better go start getting ready for work. I'll update you after I've been at it for a few days. I may be having cheeseburger withdrawals by then.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment