Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Freedom 'Stache: Revisited

This is from an email I sent out to a couple friends of mine a few years back. It's called "Freedom 'Stache". I wrote it when I was being consumed by a desk job and all that it entails.

I grew a mustache.

I call it my "freedom 'stache". It is the best thing I've done for myself in quite a while. It makes me laugh, it gives me confidence, and it coaxes me to live free. Whether it be driving from Georgia to Texas and back in a 1977 Trans Am, blocking for 400 cases of illegal Coors beer; around the crime-laden streets of Hawaii in a Ferrari; or coast to coast in a recreational vehicle, hitting every fish-filled stream, every ripped barstool, every cup of coffee and plate of biscuits & gravy that I can find along the way. It boasts freedom.

The freedom 'stache does not approve of sitting at a desk. Nor does it approve of time clocks, businessman catch phrases, or production meetings. It prefers an empty highway over a computer screen. And it would rather warm up to hot cup of coffee in a tin cup after a chilly morning waist deep in trout water than filling up in the break room in between conference calls just to keep going.

While other mustaches adhere to general rules of society, office politics, and in-box thinking, the freedom 'stache opens up a window of free thinking, vision, and confidence. It makes a bad day into a good day. It is also sympathetic towards other mustaches, who see only what is directly in front of them.

I highly recommend the mustache. For freedom's sake.

It's time, once again, for the mustache. The Freedom 'Stache.

Please join me, if you feel so inclined. It's liberating.





.

1 comment: