Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dead Horse.

I've been really feeling the need to do quite a bit lately.

Yea, I know I'm beating a dead horse. I'm always talking about the "things I'm gonna do" and how "we're not getting any younger" and what not. Well, it's true goddammit.

At the ripe ole' age of 36, I'm already starting to feel the pressure. Sure, I wouldn't change a thing in my life. Everything I've experienced up to now has prepared me for whatever comes next. But it's time to start living.

I am trying to perfect the art of incorporating as much fun into my life as humanly possible without overkilling it. As I've explained before, I am a dreamer. I constantly think about all these incredibly cool things that I'd like to do. And for the most part, they're actually all attainable. So that's essentially what I'm going for; all the cool, realistic things that I'd really like to do while I'm a human on this planet. It's definitely a work in progress, though. I'm still trying to close that gap between dreaming about all these things that I want to do and actually making them happen.

And please understand, I'm not trying to be "Mr. Fun Guy" or what the fuck ever. Everyone has things they want to do, whether it's travel to New Zealand, have children, be content with their career, or care for others. I happen to have quite a few "things" or certainties of how I'd like my life to be that I'm hellbent on making happen. And yes, New Zealand is one of them. So are the other three examples...

All I'm saying is...even though you may not be a religious person, spiritual person, or otherwise, you have to appreciate the fact that we're not going to be here for much longer. Sad? No. Exciting. Because we are here now, and we have endless possibilities in front of us.

Me, for instance: I do want to go to New Zealand...I will. I do want children...I'll get 'em (providing my junk works). I want to incorporate my career with my real life and make a fantastic living...I will. I want to embrace friends and family and do all I can for them...I have and I will.

Deep, mushy, queer...maybe. But that's how it is.

I'm gonna go make a pizza now.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment