Friday, June 19, 2009

Another Friday Night

Man, do I feel good. Got four and three quarters vodka tonics and seven crab cakes in my belly. Listening to The Faces. Bache'n it tonight. April's in Nebraska for her cousin's wedding, so I get to do as I please. And what I please is good music, a few cold, summertime cocktails, some delicious home cooking, eating to excess, and a Cards win over their I-70 rivals, the Kansas City Royals. It's a swell evening. I don't even mind getting up at 6am tomorrow for work, 'cause I'm quickly becoming lethargic due to the above mentioned belly intake.

Now the Kinks are on. Man, are they good.

I gotta tell ya, since my bachelor party last weekend I've had to take it easy. I ate salads for three days straight. No booze, except for a glass of wine last night. Oh, by the way...last night's dinner was rare steak, king crab legs, and braised asparagus. Holy shit. It does not get much better than that. And my pee's been stinking like balls because I've eaten asparagus three days in a row. I don't get it. I can take one bite of asparagus, set it down and go take a leak...and my pee smells like ass. It hauls through my system at the speed of light.

I'm feeling better now. That bachelor party was outta sight. I ate White Castles, ribs, fried taters, fried fish (freshly caught, at that), homemade pizza, b's and g's, shit on a shingle, hot dogs, brats, bologna salad sammiches, cabbage, and booze. As healthy as all that is, I didn't feel exceptionally good after the shindig.

Well, I've got to work tomorrow so I'm probably gonna hit the sack here in a minute. Got Sunday off, though. May go fishing, may fix shit up around here. Probably fishing. That lethargic, comatose feeling is starting to take over. Time for bed.

To a fantastic evening! I hope my heart doesn't stop tonight. That's unlikely because of my alcohol-related thin blood.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment