Tuesday, June 16, 2009

bachelor party

Well, I just returned from my bachelor party. It was fantastic. I got to see all of my buddies, drink ridiculous amounts of beer, eat food that made my heart stop three or four times, and fish. For me, that's a party.

I am just not the strip bar type of guy. I can't really get into Vegas, or nightclubs, or anything at all that involves cheating on my fiance'. I am content with sitting around, preferably outside, listening to some good music, and bullshitting with my pals. If a campfire is nearby, it makes it that much better. And it was. Along with a lake, a boat, a dock, some trees, no cover charge, and no one there that I didn't like.

The group included my groomsmen: Kevin, who is my best friend from birth; My cousin Robert, who I grew up admiring; Bryan, great friend since 1st grade; Vinnie, who I've gotten in more trouble with than anyone; and my sister Katie, who is a fantastic friend and who also arranged the majority of said shindig. Also present was my dad, cousin Stevie, my buddies Jamey, Jason, and Jeff, Katie's boyfriend John, my future brother-in-law Victor, and my second father Larry (Kevin's dad). Everyone there was a dear friend and the party would have lacked if any one of them wouldn't have been there.

The process since yesterday has been trying to cleanse and get back to normal. That entails water, vegetables, vitamins, and excercise. Oh, and not drinking for at least 72 hours.

The process was a bit delayed due to a bumpy, four hour car ride quickly followed by an even bumpier, two hour airplane ride. Two days after the shenanigans I am still feeling the effects. That's the way it should be.

It was a great trip. And although I love fishing, drinking, and hanging out with my crew...I missed my almost-wife, April.

Insert fake vomiting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment