Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekly 80's Metal Video

Yea, I know. I missed a week. But now you get to watch TWO extremely awesome 80's metal videos!

First, we're going to play "Breaking the Chains" by Dokken. Probably the worst video every produced. Surely an inspiration for Spinal Tap, this video is ridiculously hilarious. From the chains as guitar strings, to the "girlfriend" echoing Don Dokken's heartfelt lyrics. The crux of this masterpiece has to be when they are all chained up, and one by one they break free with the power of rock!

Enjoy, my friends.


Ok, now this next one is quite possibly the best video ever made. I don't necessarily consider Van Halen 80's hair metal, although the entire genre' was pretty much instigated by them.

This is "Hot For Teacher". It's how a video should be. Forget Thriller, November Rain, or Like a Prayer. This video is funny, yet it rocks.

I don't feel tardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment