Saturday, August 15, 2009

random ramblin's

First off, I have to say that I'm serious about my last post. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll get rid of my love handles, beer gut, and man boobs.

I do need to purchase a few things in order to make this experiment a little more comfortable, though. For instance, bike shorts. Not to hang out at the mall in, but to wear under my regular shorts. I obviously need the padded butt kind, otherwise it just doesn't make any sense. If I have those, I can ride my bike muuuch longer, since my ass and taint won't be in excruciating pain.

Also, I'll need gloves or something so I can do pull-ups on the I-beam in the basement. Freaking Rocky Balboa style. Or I may be able to cushion the hell out of it with duct tape or something.

Other than a hang board or some cheap used weights, I think I'm good.

I have to admit, I haven't done shit leading up to this event. Right now I'm sitting on the couch typing (obviously) and drinking beer. I fucked my leg up the other day, so I can't run. Even if that wouldn't have happened, I probably wouldn't have ran anyway. But I haven't done any sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups or anything. I've even been eating like shit. Fried rice today. That's healthy. I'll get to it...and when the calendar turns to September 1st, I'm busting my ass.

I got a dog today. His name is Cliff. He's a pretty good little dog...so far. I'm sure after he eats my flip flops I'll think differently. I'm curious to see how April and I raise a dog together. She is all about classes and training. And I suppose I'm more the trial and error type. I like puppies to be puppies, but I'm sure the training will be well worth our time and money. Especially if it saves me a pair of shoes.

I'm totally sick of people. When you work in retail, I think it gets to you more. Anyone can walk into my store, anyone. Crazies, assholes, douche bags, dipshits. And unfortunately when I get like this, it rubs off on everyone else. It just becomes difficult to act like I give a fuck about what anyone says or does. Sounds terrible, but I get tired of being nice all the time. So I just kind of distance myself for a little while instead of trying to power through it and act like I'm in a good mood, because I can't. I'm accused of being an asshole regardless, so I figure I might as well be the antisocial asshole rather than the smartass dickhead asshole. It's a fairly short-lived phase, so hopefully it will pass soon.

I'm going to go upstairs now. I need to coat my legs in Calamine Lotion, take some ibuprofen for my jacked up ankle, and watch Stripes. Then wake up on a Sunday so I can go to work and deal with dipshits. Hopefully the phase will end tomorrow.

Goodnight America.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment